Monday 30 April 2012

Milk Oolong 2011

Name; Milk Oolong

Type; Oolong, Un-oxidized oolong, China or Taiwan

Price; £ 3.50 for 50 grams from Better Beverage Company.

http://www.betterbeverage.co.uk/

Review;

 It’s not often I come across a tea I loathe.  Even rarer that I would waste the time to write about it. And it is entirely plausible that I simple haven’t had a good milk oolong. 

As previous reviews of Better Beverage may have suggested they are a business.  A business with selling a product for money is a key component (unlike those that just do it for the passion, or the love of tea or any other reason). So again the age old question of whom to blame; merchant or tea.  I’m doing a bit of both.  I’ve tried a milk oolong in Pekoe Tea, and it was alright.  I wouldn’t buy any, and I wouldn’t write a thank you letter if I received it at Christmas, but I would still drink it occasionally.  This one from Better Beverage is going straight in the bin.  I tried to find out more information but the owner of Better Beverage is rather cryptic saying that he doesn’t know anything other than it passes European health law (to a degree (worrysome?)).  

You know that fake artificial butter that gets put on your popcorn when you go to the movies?  Just imagine drinking a tea cup full of that “delicious” “butter”.  That is the best description I can give.  Milk oolongs are suppose to give an array of flavours, this just tastes fake perfumed.  And chances are it is.  The price was ridiculously low, so I guess I can’t be that surprised.  The worst part about drinking it is that the oil seems to just sit in your mouth, impossible to wash/scrub off.  Might go buy some whisky to solve this problem…


Don’t enjoy!

-Tea Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment